Pirgos
Welcome to Pirgos, the capital of the prefecture and its administrative, financial and commercial centre. Pyrgos began to develop in the 17th century around a large tower built by its founder, Ioannis Tsernotas, on the Eparheio Hill. Among its landmarks and attractions are the town hall, the old municipal market and the Apollo theatre, built in 1878 and restored in 1995.