One of the most beautiful parts of Argolida is in Kefalari, Argolida. Two are the key elements that make it special.
The first is that it is located in an area where the green and the waters of the historic Erasinou River that spring beneath the Temple of Zoodohos Pigi make it enchanting.
The second is that the temple is built in a cave of Mount Haun and is dedicated to the Zoodochos spring.
It was built in 1634 and was destroyed in 1918 by a strong explosion in a munitions depot near the temple and rebuilt in 1928 by the Argives and especially at the expense of the DANAOS Panagiakos Association located in Atlanta, USA.